The right foods can help build muscle: Not all foods participate in fat loss and making a lean muscle mass for you. Fruits, Vegetables, Protein, Carbohydrates, and Healthy Fats can help. Each of these foods has a role to play in the building and maintenance of a lean body mass.
1. Fruits and VegetablesFruits and vegetables are essential to your workouts. They are rich in vitamins and minerals. These nutritious aspects play a role in recovery especially after doing exercises which will become a part of the routine for losing muscle mass.
2. ProteinThe essential functions of proteins are bodybuilding and maintenance of muscle. But due to its thermic effect, it contributes to loss of fat in the body. Protein is more effective than carbs and fats due to the thermic effect being higher.
3. CarbohydratesCarbs act as fuel for your muscles and come in handy especially in workouts. They give you the energy to accomplish the tasks at hand in the gym.
4. FatsIf you fail to consume fat, your body will reserve fats more as compared to when you drink the fats. These fats that will be consumed however need to be healthy fats as processed fats contain hydrogenated fats which contribute to the accumulation of Trans fats. The above categories are in general terms, and there are specific foods that will fall in either of the groups and will perform the task very well. The ten best power foods to build lean muscle mass are as follows:
1. FruitsAs noted earlier, various fruits are competent in minerals and vitamins that will help in recovery after working out, thus fat loss and in the long run to build a lean muscle mass. Fruits alongside vegetables are rich sources of fiber. Fiber helps in digestion and the feeling of satiety where you will consume less to help you maintain the lean muscle mass you will have acquired. The following fruits are examples that are rich in the minerals and vitamins and ones you should start on consumption.
OrangesOranges are rich in vitamin C and Magnesium. Vitamin C helps in the maintenance of body health by fighting off diseases and does this by contributing to the strength of your immune system. Magnesium, on the other hand, keeps your blood pressure at a minimum among other variables of the body among them, anti-oxidants beta-carotenes. However, not all sources of oranges will help in this quest. Orange juice, for instance, contains high amounts of added sugar. These added sugars, in turn, are rich in fructose which is a significant contributor to the unhealthy trans fats. It is thus safer to blend your juice.
CantaloupeAmong the perks of consumption of fruits, is its ease of digestibility. Its fructose content is low despite being quite succulent and sweet. It contains nutrients that are competent in building and maintenance of a lean body mass. These include: Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Potassium, Magnesium, Fiber
ApplesFor the doctor to be away, consume an apple for one day. However, its functions go beyond this to helping in building and maintaining a lean body mass. This is because of the Polyphenols. These are micronutrients that play a role in the proper functioning of cells and maintenance of a healthy cardiovascular behavior. It also contains pectin that brings about the feelings of satiety. Satiety is a method of maintaining a lean muscle mass. However, you should choose organic ones due to the high amount of pesticide contamination.
2. AlmondsAlpha-tocopherol is a rich source of Vitamin E. This component is present in large amounts in almond nuts. This component’s absorption rate into the body is high. When absorbed like most Vitamin E sources, they prevent radical damage from meeting your muscles. One study that was published by The Journal of the American Medical Association showed a reduced risk of Alzheimer’s disease among men who consumed Vitamin E products in plenty. Toronto University, on the other hand, proved that almonds do not contribute to weight gain. A handful of Almonds is quite rich in protein even more abundant than an egg. Protein is a resource that performs excellently towards bodybuilding. Almonds moreover contain healthy and unsaturated fats and they are competent sources of energy even during workouts. Almonds are rich in nutrients even including minerals like calcium and magnesium and extend their purpose beyond building a lean body mass to other health benefits.
3. BeefBeef is a competent protein as it contains all the nine amino acids in a complete protein. Protein is responsible for building muscle mass in your body. Lean Beef especially is synthetic to the growth of muscles due to its nutritional components. It contains iron, the Vitamin B categories, and zinc. Lean beef of three ounces is equal to a cup and half of beans regarding protein content. However, its calorie content is half that of grains. During consumption, however, you should try to reduce your consumption of sauces and seasoning, especially when making steaks. Reducing these salt filled sauces will help you reach your goal faster. Surround your beef diet with plant-based diets like using whole grain buns for the burgers. Surrounding with a plant-based diet will not only create a balanced diet but will also reduce on the levels of unhealthy fats in your body which in the long run lead to a healthier life.
4. Protein ShakeSome protein performs the task of building a lean muscle mass better than others in the same group. The effectiveness of a protein is measured by the rate of absorption and utilization in the body. These are summed up as the biological value of the protein. A protein shake will contain protein supplements like whey protein, and they all have their contribution to the body and maintenance of a lean muscle mass.
Whey ProteinAn amino acid called leucine is present in whey protein. It is a branch-chain amino acid, and this class of amino acids is essential in the process of building muscles. Whey proteins, however, differ about their biological value. Thus your doctor would be a great consultant as to which whey protein to consume.
Pea ProteinAmong the advantages of pea protein is building a lean muscle mass, recovering faster especially in workouts and reaching your goals more quickly. Pea proteins are derived from peas and are a competent source of proteins. It has essential amino acids like leucine and lysine. Moreover, it is easily digestible and is absorbed into the body quite fast to perform protein synthesis.
5. Hemp SeedHemp is another word for sativa, and the seeds are an excellent source of protein as they contain complete amino acids. Hemp is however not marijuana and does not have any effect in your sobriety. They are derived from the same plant, but marijuana contains THC, the component responsible for getting someone ‘high.’ Hemp does not have sobriety effects on the body. Hemp seeds contain and are an excellent source of :
- omega three fatty acids that are healthy
6. QuinoaThis is another source of all the nine amino acids that are needed in your body to build muscle mass. In the case of a vegetarian and a vegan, it acts as a good protein source and surpasses oatmeal and rice in a vegan or vegetarian diet. Moreover, compared to the two, it is not only tastier but is also a more competent source of fiber and is also free of gluten. Quinoa is abundant in the following nutrients in the body: